In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on March 31, President Joe Biden outlined his vision to reimagine and rebuild a new economy. Focused on The American Jobs Plan as a US$2.25 trillion investment in the US that “will create millions of good jobs, rebuild our country’s infrastructure and position the US to out-compete China,” he outlined to the US and its global allies his economic vision for the future.
A much highlighted focus is the President’s vision for this massive infrastructure bill, aimed at rebuilding and developing both the US physical and technological infrastructure, creating jobs and bolstering resilience through ambitious climate policies. For the transportation industry, the impact will undoubtedly be profound and transformational.
With this as the backdrop, we will host an hour-long panel discussion, moderated by former Secretary of Transportation Rodney E. Slater, on April 8, 2021 from 10-11 a.m. ET.
The discussion will focus on a number of related developments and challenges, including:
- The economic impact on infrastructure plans and deployment
- How can the proposals bring positive real-world changes to the transportation sector? What should be prioritized?
- Paying for the spending package through the proposed Made in America corporate tax plan just when the economy is recovering from the pandemic-inflicted economy
- The impact of infrastructure on systematic inequality and what it means in the future
- Future proofing infrastructure – challenges and changes ahead
The program will feature insights from former Republican Congressman and former Chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Bill Shuster, along with the former Chairman of the House Democratic Caucus Joe Crowley and former vice-chairman of the House Republican Conference Jack Kingston.
To round out the exchange, the former Congressmen will be joined by three key transportation industry experts sharing their perspectives on plans and related expected developments:
- Jane Garvey, North America Chairman of Meridiam Infrastructure
- Robert (Bob) Poole, Director of Transportation Policy, Reason Foundation
- Robert (Rob) Puentes, President and CEO of the Eno Center for Transportation
We hope you can join us for this special opportunity to hear this distinguished panel. Your registration will also entitle you to a copy of the webinar recording.