Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will meet on Monday, October 19, at 4:00pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to Calendar #252, S.2146, Stop Sanctuary Policies and Protect Americans Act. There will be no roll call votes on Monday.
On Tuesday, October 20, following any Leader remarks, the Senate will enter Executive Session to consider the nomination of Ann Donnelly to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of New York, with the time until 11:00am equally divided. At 11:00am, the Senate will hold a roll call vote on confirmation of the nomination. Additionally, at 2:15pm, the Senate will hold a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #252.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, October 19, the House is not in session. On Tuesday, October 20, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 1428 – Judicial Redress Act of 2015;
- H.R. 3572 – DHS Headquarters Reform and Improvement Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 3350 – Know the CBRN Terrorism Threats to Transportation Act;
- H.R. 3493 – Securing the Cities Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 1315 – To amend section 1105(a) of title 31, United States Code, to require that annual budget submissions of the President to Congress provide an estimate of the cost per taxpayer of the deficit, and for other purposes; and
- H.Res. 348 – Supporting the right of the people of Ukraine to freely elect their government and determine their future, as amended
On Wednesday, October 21, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. The House will consider S. 1362 – To amend title XI of the Social Security Act to clarify waiver authority regarding programs of all-inclusive care for the elderly (PACE programs) under suspension of the rules. The House will also consider: (1) H.R. 692 – Default Prevention Act (Subject to a Rule); and (2) H.R. 10 – SOAR Reauthorization Act (Subject to a Rule).
On Thursday, October 22, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. On Friday, October 23, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected by 3:00pn. The House will consider: (1) H.R. 1937 – National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act of 2015 (Subject to a Rule); and (2) H.R. ___ – Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act (Subject to a Rule). It is possible that other legislative items will be added to the agenda.