The Senate will convene today, Monday November 18, at 2:00 pm. After any leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 5:00 pm, with senators being allowed to speak for up to 10 minutes each. The filing deadline for all first degree amendments to H.R. 3204, the Drug Quality and Security Act is 3:00 pm today, and the filing deadline for all second degree amendments to the bill is 4:00 pm today.
At 5:00 pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #381, the nomination of Robert Leon Wilkins to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit, with the time until 5:30 pm equally divided and controlled. At 5:30 pm there will be up to four roll call votes:
- Motion to invoke cloture on the Wilkins nomination; if cloture is not invoked on the Wilkins nomination, then:
- Motion to invoke cloture on H.R. 3204, the Drug Quality and Security Act; if cloture is invoked on H.R. 3204, then:
- Passage of H.R. 3204; and upon disposition of H.R. 3204, then:
- Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S. 1197, the National Defense Authorization Act.
The House will convene today at 12:00 pm for morning hour and 2:00 pm for legislative business, with votes being postponed until 6:30 pm. The following legislation is to be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 2061 – Digital Accountability and Transparency (DATA) Act of 2013, as amended;
- H.R. 3343 – To amend the District of Columbia Home Rule Act to clarify the rules regarding the determination of the compensation of the Chief Financial Officer of the District of Columbia;
- H.R 3487 – To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act to extend through 2018 the authority of the Federal Election Commission to impose civil money penalties on the basis of a schedule of penalties established and published by the Commission, to expand such authority to certain other violations, and for other purposes;
- S. Con. Res. 25 – A concurrent resolution authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for activities associated with the ceremony to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Native American code talkers; and
- H.R. 272 – To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense joint outpatient clinic to be constructed in Marina, California, as the “General William H. Gourley Federal Outpatient Clinic: A Joint VA-DOD Health Care Facility,” as amended.
On Tuesday, November 19, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business. The following legislation is on the House calendar for Tuesday:
- H.R. 1965 – Federal Lands Jobs and Energy Security Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule).
On Wednesday, November 20, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business. The following legislation is on the House calendar for Wednesday:
- H.R. 2728 – Protecting States’ Rights to Promote American Energy Security Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule).
On Thursday, November 21, the House will meet at 9:00 am for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 pm. The following legislation is on the House calendar for Thursday:
- H.R. 1900 – Natural Gas Pipeline Permitting Reform Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule).
No votes are expected in the House on Friday, November 22.