This report provides a snapshot of the U.S. Executive Branch priorities via daily schedules and the prior day’s press releases.
4:55 p.m. EST – THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart en route the National Palace
5:15 p.m. EST – THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY participate in an official welcome ceremony hosted by President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador and Dr. Beatriz Gutiérrez Müller of Mexico
6:00 p.m. EST – THE PRESIDENT participates in a bilateral meeting with President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador
7:45 p.m. EST – THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY participate in a trilateral dinner with President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, Dr. Beatriz Gutiérrez Müller, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada, and Mrs. Sophie Grégoire Trudeau
The President is in Mexico on Monday and Tuesday for the North American Leaders’ Summit. Looking ahead, The President will host the Japanese Prime Minister on Friday, January 13, at the White House.
3:45 p.m. EST – THE VICE PRESIDENT will ceremonially swear in Ambassador Elizabeth Bagley as Ambassador to Brazil
Looking ahead, on Wednesday, the Vice President will host climate and environmental leaders. The Vice President will travel to Ann Arbor, Michigan for a conversation related to combatting the climate crisis.
*The U.S. President (POTUS) and Vice President’s (VPOTUS) daily schedules are subject to change, as is the White House press briefing schedule.
Recap of Saturday-Sunday, January 7-8, 2023
Note: All colored text denotes hyperlinks.
The White House
- Remarks by President Biden During Tour of the Border Wall
- Transcript: Press Gaggle by Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas En Route El Paso, Texas
- Statement by President Joe Biden on Orthodox Christmas
- Statement from President Joe Biden on the Election of Kevin McCarthy as Speaker of the House
Department of State
Daily Schedule | Monday, January 9, 2023
Secretary of State Antony Blinken is on travel to Mexico from January 9-10.
- January 7: Advisory | Counselor Chollet’s Travel to the United Arab Emirates, North Macedonia, Kosovo, and Serbia
- January 7: Advisory | Interagency Delegation to the United Arab Emirates
- January 8: Advisory | Special Presidential Envoy for Climate Kerry’s Travel to Mexico
Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
On Monday, Ambassador Katherine Tai will swear in Doug McKalip as USTR’s Chief Agricultural Negotiator.