This report provides a snapshot of the US Executive Branch priorities via daily schedules and the prior day’s press releases.
10:15 a.m. EST – THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT receive the President’s Daily Brief | Oval Office
3:30 p.m. EST – THE PRESIDENT hosts a virtual event announcing progress on securing critical mineral supply chains, powering clean energy manufacturing, and creating good-paying jobs; Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm, National Climate Advisor Gina McCarthy, Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks, and California Governor Gavin Newsom also attend | South Court Auditorium
- Fact Sheet: Securing a Made in America Supply Chain for Critical Minerals
10:15 a.m. EST – THE VICE PRESIDENT will receive the President’s Daily Brief | Oval Office
White House Press Briefing Schedule*
2:00 p.m. EST – Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki | James S. Brady Press Briefing Room
*The US President (POTUS) and Vice President’s (VPOTUS) daily schedules are subject to change, as is the White House press briefing schedule.
Recap of Monday, February 21, 2022
Note: Bold hyperlinks spotlight COVID-19 developments
Note: The US Government was closed on Monday, in observance of Presidents’ Day.
The White House
- Executive Order on Blocking Property of Certain Persons and Prohibiting Certain Transactions With Respect to Continued Russian Efforts to Undermine the Sovereignty and Territorial Integrity of Ukraine
- Letter to Congress regarding the Blocking Property of Certain Persons and Prohibiting Certain Transactions with Respect to Continued Russian Efforts to Undermine the Sovereignty and Territorial Integrity of Ukraine
- Fact Sheet: Executive Order to Impose Costs for President Putin’s Action to Recognize So-Called Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics
- Transcript: Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on Russia and Ukraine
- Statement by Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Russian Announcement on Eastern Ukraine
- Readout of President Biden’s Call with President Zelenskyy of Ukraine
- Readout of President Biden’s Call with President Macron of France and Chancellor Scholz of Germany
Department of Defense (DOD)
- Press Release: DOD Identifies Air Force Casualty (non-combat/Niger)
- Article: Pictures of the Planets Led to Career in Space Engineering
- Article: Medal of Honor Monday: Marine Corps Maj. Robert H. Dunlap
Department of State
- Daily Schedule | Tuesday, February 22
Notably, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is set to meet with Ukraine Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba at the Department of State at 2:00 p.m. EST.
- February 21: Statement | Kremlin Decision on Eastern Ukraine (Donetsk and Luhansk)
- February 21: Statement | Department of State Presence in Ukraine
- February 21: Readout | Secretary Blinken’s Call with People’s Republic of China (PRC) State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi (RUS, UKR)
- February 21: Remarks | Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry “Implementation Plus: Global Climate Action in 2022” | Cairo, Egypt
US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Readout: Administrator Samantha Power’s Meetings with Ukrainian-American Leaders
US Mission to the United Nations (UN)
- Statement by Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield in Support of Ukraine’s Call for an Urgent Security Council Meeting
- Remarks by Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield at a UN Security Council Emergency Meeting on Ukraine
Department of the Treasury
- Press Release: Issuance of Executive Order Blocking Property Of Certain Persons And Prohibiting Certain Transactions With Respect To Continued Russian Efforts To Undermine The Sovereignty And Territorial Integrity Of Ukraine; Issuance of Ukraine-related General Licenses
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Link to daily press releases
Office of the US Trade Representative (USTR)
Tuesday’s Schedule: Ambassador Tai will meet with Secretary General of the Office of the President of the French Republic Alexis Kohler.