Our European Public Policy team is pleased to share with you our monthly newsletter, Sustainability Outlook – European Union which looks at key developments in EU sustainability law and policy. This month’s edition includes the following:
- France takes over the Council Presidency, vowing to implement European Green Deal.
- Draft rules on the sustainability of nuclear and gas cause controversy.
- European Parliament Rapporteur proposes substantial changes to the ETS.
- European Commission starts revision of waste rules.
- European Commission opens public consultation on bioplastics.
- Member States approve rules on reducing the consumption of single-use plastic products.
- European Commission consults on right to repair.
- Council discusses proposal for Batteries Regulation.
- European Commission consults on REACH revision.
- European Commission discusses details of its proposed right of initiative to classify chemicals.
- ECHA warns about deadline for so-called NONS notifications.
- ECHA proposes restriction of PFAS in firefighting foams.
- US and EU discuss measures on PFAS at OECD event.
- European Commission announces new rules for large combustion plants.
- European Court of Justice holds that WEEE Directive is partially invalid.
- France plans to regulate greenwashing regarding carbon neutrality.
- European Commission criticises Italian implementation of Single-use Plastics Directive.
- Italian Budget Law for 2022 confirms postponement of plastic tax.
Click on thumbnail to download