Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will convene at 3:00pm today, April 24. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session for consideration of Calendar #31, the nomination of Sonny Perdue to be Secretary of Agriculture. The time until 5:30pm will be equally divided. At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the Perdue nomination. Following disposition of the Perdue nomination, the Senate will immediately vote on the motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #34, the nomination of Rod J. Rosenstein to be Deputy Attorney General.
Monday, April 24 at 5:30pm – 2 roll call votes
- Confirmation of Sonny Perdue to be Secretary of Agriculture
- Motion to invoke cloture on Rod J. Rosenstein to be Deputy Attorney General
House Legislative Activity
The House will meet today, April 24 at 12:00pm in pro forma session. No votes are expected.
On Tuesday, April 25, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and 2:00pm for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30pm.
The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.Con.Res. 35 – Authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the National Peace Officers Memorial Service and the National Honor Guard and Pipe Band Exhibition (Sponsored by Rep. Lou Barletta / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
- H.Con.Res. 36 – Authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the Greater Washington Soap Box Derby (Sponsored by Rep. Steny Hoyer / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
- H.R. 455 – To designate the United States courthouse located at 501 East Court Street in Jackson, Mississippi, as the “R. Jess Brown United States Courthouse” (Sponsored by Rep. Bennie Thompson / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
- H.R. 496– To repeal the rule issued by the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration entitled “Metropolitan Planning Organization Coordination and Planning Area Reform” (Sponsored by Sen. Tammy Duckworth / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
- H.R. 876 – Aviation Employee Screening and Security Enhancement Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. John Katko / Homeland Security Committee)
- H.R. 1372 – Homeland Security for Children Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Donald Payne / Homeland Security Committee)
- H.R. 534 – U.S. Wants to Compete for a World Expo Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Tom Emmer / Foreign Affairs Committee)
- H.Res. 187 – Relating to efforts to respond to the famine in South Sudan, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Karen Bass / Foreign Affairs Committee)
On Wednesday, April 26, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business.
- H.R. 1695 – Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Bob Goodlatte / Judiciary Committee)
On Thursday, April 27 the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business.
On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business. Last votes expected no later than 3:00pm.
- H.R. 1694 – Fannie and Freddie Open Records Act of 2017, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Jason Chaffetz / Oversight and Government Reform Committee)
Consideration of Legislation Making Further Appropriations for FY 2017.
Additional legislative items are possible.