Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate stands adjourned until 3:00 pm today, March 27. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of the Montenegro treaty. The filing deadline for first degree amendments to the treaty is 3:30pm.
At 5:30 pm, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Montenegro treaty.
House Legislative Activity
The House will meet today at 12:00 pm for morning hour and 2:00 pm for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 pm.
The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 1117– To require the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency to submit a report regarding certain plans regarding assistance to applicants and grantees during the response to an emergency or disaster (Sponsored by Rep. Vicky Hartzler / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
- H.R. 1214– Disaster SAVE Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Lou Barletta / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
- H.R. 654– Pacific Northwest Earthquake Preparedness Act of 2017 (Sponsored by Rep. Peter DeFazio / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business.
- H.J.Res. 34– Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission relating to Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Sen. Jeff Flake / Energy and Commerce Committee)
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business.
On Thursday, the House will meet at 9:00 am for legislative business. Last votes expected no later than 3:00 pm.
On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
- H.R. 1430– Honest and Open New EPA Science Treatment Act of 2017 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Lamar Smith / Science, Space, and Technology Committee)
Additional legislative items are possible.
Sources: www.democrats.senate.gov; http://www.majorityleader.gov/