Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will meet on Monday, June 22, at 3:00pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 5:00pm, with Senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each. At 5:00pm, the Senate will enter Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #156 and #124, the nominations of Peter Neffenger to be an Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security and Daniel Elliott to be a Member of the Surface Transportation Board, respectively. There will be 30 minutes for debate on the nominations, which will equally divided. At 5:30pm, there will be a roll call vote on Executive Calendar #156 and a voice vote on Executive Calendar #124.
Additionally, note that there is a 4:00pm filing deadline today, June 22, for all germane first-degree amendments to the Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act (H.R.2146) and the Trade Preferences Extension Act of 2015 (H.R.1295).
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, June 22, the House is not in session. On Tuesday, June 23, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 805 – Domain Openness Through Continued Oversight Matters (DOTCOM) Act of 2015;
- H.R. 2576 – TSCA Modernization Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 893 – Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Coin Act, as amended;
- H.R. 1698 – Bullion and Collectible Coin Production Efficiency and Cost Savings Act, as amended;
- H.R. 2620 – To amend the United States Cotton Futures Act to exclude certain cotton futures contracts from coverage under such Act, as amended;
- H.R. 1633 – DHS Paid Administrative Leave Accountability Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 1615 – DHS FOIA Efficiency Act, as amended;
- H.R. 1640 – Department of Homeland Security Headquarters Consolidation Accountability Act, as amended;
- H.R. 1626 – DHS IT Duplication Reduction Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 2390 – Homeland Security University-based Centers Review Act, as amended;
- H.R. 1637 – Federally Funded Research and Development Sunshine Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 2200 – CBRN Intelligence and Information Sharing Act, as amended;
- H.R. 1646 – Homeland Security Drone Assessment and Analysis Act, as amended; and
- Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 615 – Department of Homeland Security Interoperable Communications
On Wednesday, June 24, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00pm for legislative business to consider H.R. 2042 – Ratepayer Protection Act of 2015, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule).
On Thursday, June 25, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00pm for legislative business. On Friday, June 26, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected by 3:00pm. The House will consider H.R. 2822 – Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016 (Subject to a Rule), and may consider legislation related to trade.