The Senate will convene today, Monday, January 13, at 2:00 pm, and after any leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S. 1845, the Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act. The filing deadline for all first degree amendments to S. 1845 is today at 3:00 pm, with second degree amendments to the Reed Amendment S.A. 2631 being due by today at 4:30 pm.
At 5:00 pm, the Senate will resume Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #381, the nomination of Robert Leon Wilkins to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia. Time until 5:30 pm will be equally divided and controlled, and there will be at least two roll call votes at 5:30 pm:
- Confirmation of the Wilkins nomination; and
- Motion to invoke cloture on the Reed Amendment S.A. 2631 to S. 1845.
The House will convene today at 12:00 pm for morning hour and 2:00 pm for legislative business, with votes being postponed until 6:30 pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 1513 – To revise the boundaries of the Gettysburg National Military Park to include the Gettysburg Train Station and certain land along Plum Run in Cumberland Township, to limit the means by which property within such revised boundaries may be acquired;
- S. 230 – A bill to authorize the Peace Corps Commemorative Foundation to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia and its environs, and for other purposes; and
- H.R. 841 – To amend the Grand Ronde Reservation Act to make technical corrections, and for other purposes, as amended.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, January 14, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 801 – Holding Company Registration Threshold Equalization Act of 2013;
- H.R. 2274 – The Small Business Mergers, Acquisitions, Sales, and Brokerage Simplification Act, as amended;
- H. J. Res. ___ – Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2014, and for other purposes;
- H.R. 2860 – OPM IG Act; and
- H.R. 1233 – The Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments of 2013.
This Wednesday, January 15, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business. On Thursday, January 16, the House will meet at 9:00 am for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 pm. No votes are expected on Friday, January 17.
The following legislation is on the House calendar for the balance of the week:
- Legislation to Fund Government Operations for the Remainder of Fiscal Year 2014; and
- H.R. 3362 – Exchange Information Disclosure Act (Closed Rule, One Hour of Debate).