The Senate will convene today, Monday, January 27, at 2:00 pm. After any leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S. 1926, the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014. At 5:30 pm there will be a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S. 1926.
The House will convene today at 12:00 pm for morning hour and 2:00 pm for legislative business, with votes being postponed until 6:30 pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 2166 – Good Samaritan Search and Recovery Act, as amended;
- H.R. 1684 – Ranch A Consolidation Management Improvement Act; and
- H.R. 3008 – To provide for the conveyance of a small parcel of National Forest System land in Los Padres National Forest in California, and for other purposes.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, January 28, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business. The House expects to recess no later than 5:30 pm to allow time for a security sweep of the building before the President’s State of the Union address. The House will meet at about 8:35 pm, along with the Senate, to receive the President.
On Wednesday, January 29, the House will meet at 9:00 am for legislative business. The following legislation is on the House calendar for Wednesday:
- H.R. 7 – No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule); and
- Possible Consideration of the Conference Report to H.R. 2642 – Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013 (commonly known as the farm bill).
Farm bill conferees may release their conference report as early as today. Please see the latest Agriculture and Food Capital Thinking post for more information on farm bill developments.
Both chambers are scheduled to be in recess this Thursday, January 30, and Friday, January 31, as the House Republicans leave town for their annual retreat in Williamsburg, Virginia.