The Senate will convene today, Monday December 9, at 2:00 pm, and after any leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 4:00 pm, with Senators allowed to speak for up to10 minutes each. After morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S. 1197, the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2014, for a status update on the bill.
At 5:00 pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #327, the nomination of Patricia Ann Millett to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit, post-cloture. There will be up to 30 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled, and at 5:30 pm, all post-cloture time will expire and there will be a roll call vote on confirmation of the nomination.
The House will convene today at 12:00 pm for morning hour and 2:00 pm for legislative business, but no votes are expected. The following legislation is to be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 3627 – The Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act of 2013.
On Tuesday, December 10, through Thursday, December 12, the House will meet each morning at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business. On Friday, December 13, the House will meet at 9:00 am for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 pm.
The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 1447 – Death in Custody Reporting Act of 2013;
- H.R. 3521 – The Department of Veterans Affairs Major Medical Facility Lease Authorization Act of 2013, as amended;
- H.R. 1402 – VA Expiring Authorities Extension Act of 2013, as amended;
- S. 1471 – Alicia Dawn Koehl Respect for National Cemeteries Act;
- H.R. 3212 – Sean and David Goldman International Child Abduction Prevention and Return Act of 2013, as amended;
- H.R. 1992 – Israel QME Enhancement Act, as amended;
- H.R. 3509 – Assessing Progress in Haiti Act of 2013, as amended; and
- H.R. 2019 – Gabriella Miller Kids First Research Act of 2013, as amended.
Consideration of the following legislation is also possible this week:
- Legislation related to H.R. 2642 – Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013;
- Legislation related to H. Con. Res. 25 – Establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2014 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2015 through 2023; and
- Legislation related to the Sustainable Growth Rate in Medicare.
For further detail regarding the latest prospects for a budget deal, please see this week’s Budget and Appropriations Capital Thinking Blog post, and for the latest on the farm bill outlook, please see this week’s Agriculture and Food Capital Thinking Blog post.