Today, Monday, September 9, the Senate will convene at 2:00 pm. The Senate will proceed to Executive Session at 5:00 pm to consider the following:
- Executive Calendar #184 – Nomination of Valerie E. Caproni to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York; and
- Executive Calendar #185 – Nomination of Vernon S. Broderick to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York.
There will be up to 30 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled. At approximately 5:30 pm the Senate will proceed to vote on confirmation of the nominations. The only roll call vote is expected Monday evening, and one of the nominations is expected to be confirmed by voice vote.
The House will convene today at 2:00 pm for legislative business, with votes being postponed until 6:30 pm. Legislation considered under suspension of the rules will include:
- H.R. 2052 – Global Investment in American Jobs Act of 2013, as amended; and
- H.R. 2844 – Federal Communications Commission Consolidation Reporting Act of 2013.
On Tuesday, September 10, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 1155 – National Association of Registered Agents and Brokers Reform Act of 2013, as amended;
- H.R. 2747 – Streamlining Claims Processing for Federal Contractor Employees Act;
- H.R. 1891 – Science Laureates of the United States Act of 2013;
- S. 130 – Powell Shooting Range Land Conveyance Act;
- S. 157 – Denali National Park Improvement Act;
- S. 304 – Natchez Trace Parkway Land Conveyance Act of 2013;
- S. 256 – A bill to amend Public Law 93-435 with respect to the Northern Mariana Islands, providing parity with Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa; and
- S. 459 – Minuteman Missile National Historic Site Boundary Modification Act.
On Wednesday, September 11, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business, and on Thursday, September 12, the House will meet at 9:00 am for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 pm. No votes are expected on Friday, September 13. Other legislation on the House calendar for the week include the following:
- H.R. 2775 – To condition the provision of premium and cost-sharing subsidies under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act upon a certification that a program to verify household income and other qualifications for such subsidies is operational, and for other purposes (subject to a rule);
- H.J.Res._ – Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014 (subject to a rule); and
- Possible consideration of an authorization for the limited and specific use of military force against the government of Syria to respond to the use of chemical weapons.