The Senate will convene today, Monday, September 16 at 2:00 pm, when it will be in a period of morning business until 4:00 pm. After morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S. 1392, the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act. At 5:00 pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session on the following items:
- Executive Calendar #175 – the nomination of Patricia E. Campbell-Smith, of the District of Columbia, to be a Judge of the United States Court of Federal Claims; and
- Executive Calendar #176 – the nomination of Elaine D. Kaplan, of the District of Columbia, to be a Judge of the United States Court of Federal Claims.
There will be up to 30 minutes of debate on the nominations equally divided and controlled. At about 5:30 pm, the Senate will proceed to vote on confirmation of the nominations, and one roll call vote and one voice vote are expected.
Also on Monday, September 16 at 2:00 pm, the House will meet in pro forma session, and votes are not expected. On Tuesday, September 17, the House will meet at 12:00 pm for morning hour and 2:00 pm for legislative business, with votes being postponed until 6:30 pm.
The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 1410 – Keep the Promise Act of 2013;
- H.R. 1003 – To improve consideration by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission of the costs and benefits of its regulations and orders, as amended;
- H.R. 2449 – To authorize the President to extend the term of the Agreement of Cooperation between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Republic of Korea Concerning Civil Uses of Nuclear Energy for a period not to exceed March 19, 2016;
- H.R. 301 – To provide for the establishment of the Special Envoy to Promote Religious Freedom of Religious Minorities in the Near East and South Central Asia;
- S. 793 – Organization of American States Revitalization and Reform Act of 2013, as amended; and
- H.R. 3092 – To amend the Missing Children’s Assistance Act, and for other purposes.
On Wednesday, September 18 and Thursday, September 19, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business. On Friday, September 20, the House will meet at 9:00 am for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 pm.
Other legislation on the House calendar this week includes:
- H.R. 1526 – Restoring Healthy Forests for Healthy Communities Act, Rules Committee Print (subject to a rule);
- H.R. 761 – National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act of 2013 (subject to a rule);
- H.R. 687 – Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act of 2013 (subject to a rule);
- H.R. ___ – Nutrition Reform and Work Opportunity Act (subject to a rule); and
- H.J.Res ___ – Continuing Appropriations Resolution 2014 (subject to a rule).