The Senate will reconvene today, Monday, June 17, at 2:00 pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 5:00 pm. At 5:00 pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider two nominations: (1) Executive Calendar # 48 Luis Felipe Restrepo – to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; and (2) Executive Calendar # 62 Kenneth John Gonzales – to be U.S. District Judge for the District of New Mexico. There will be 30 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between Sens. Pat Leahy (D-VT) and Charles Grassley (R-IA). At approximately 5:30 pm, there will be up to two roll call votes on confirmation of the nominations. After these votes, the Senate will resume considering S. 744, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act.
Today, Monday, June 17, the House will meet at 12:00 pm for morning hour and 2:00 pm for legislative business, but votes will be postponed until 6:30 pm. Legislation to be considered under suspension of the rules will include:
- H.R. 876 – Idaho Wilderness Water Resources Protection Act;
- H.R. 253 – Y Mountain Access Enhancement Act, as amended;
- H. Res.___ – To amend the Senate Amendment to H.R. 588 – Vietnam Veterans Donor Acknowledgment Act of 2013;
- H.R. 520 – Buffalo Soldiers in the National Parks Study Act;
- H.R. 674 – Rota Cultural and Natural Resources Study Act; and
- H.R. 862 – To authorize the conveyance of two small parcels of land within the boundaries of the Coconino National Forest containing private improvements that were developed based upon the reliance of the landowners in an erroneous survey conducted in May 1960.
On Tuesday, June 18, and Wednesday, June 19, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00 pm for legislative business. On Thursday, June 20, the House will meet at 9:00 am for legislative business, and last votes are expected no later than 3:00 pm. No votes are expected on Friday, June 21. Legislation to be considered under suspension of the rules will include: (1) H.R. 1896 – International Child Support Recovery Improvement Act of 2013; (2) H.R. 475 – To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to include vaccines against seasonal influenza within the definition of taxable vaccines; and (3) H.R. 1151 – To direct the Secretary of State to develop a strategy to obtain observer status for Taiwan at the triennial International Civil Aviation Organization Assembly, and for other purposes. Other legislation on the House calendar for the week include: (1) H.R. 1797 – Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, Rules Committee Print (subject to a rule); and (2) H.R. 1947 – Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013 (also known as the Farm Bill) (subject to a rule).